Saturday, April 26, 2008

Surface for air

I am returned after a ten day trek in the Nepal Himalaya - Richard, Bart, Carol, Arnya and I completed the Pilgrim's walk which constitutes one half of the Anapurna Circuit - reveared as one of the most spectacular treks in the Himalaya. The details of our experiences, the hallucinatory whirl of visions, the wrekage of our corporeality - these things - i dare not utter here. I am too shaken by the sudden rip of vehicles, the unwelcome bleating of horns - Pokhara is a hive of buzzing bees. I must return to those hills. I am not yet ready for this. This world of confused voices muttering inaudible desperate to be heard. And so tomorrow i shall begin an ascent to the Anapurna Sanctuary - it should take no more than another ten days. Maybe then i'll be able to cope with the fury of civilisation again. Maybe then you'll get your precious photos.

No comments: